Baker’s Cottage self-catering holiday home
In a nutshell – what to expect from a holiday at Baker’s Cottage:
- Sleeps up to four people.
- Two bedrooms: one with a king-size double bed and one with two single beds.
- A family bathroom with a bath and separate walk-in shower.
- Comfortable living room with open fireplace, Freeview TV and DVD player.
- Smoke free environment.
- Exclusive off-road parking space immediately in front of the house.
- Free access to the cottage Wi-Fi.
- Sorry, but no dogs or other pets allowed (apart from registered assistance dogs).
Room to relax
The cosy living room is a peaceful space where you can curl up on the sofa and relax after a busy day exploring Chester. The central heating keeps the house toasty and warm in Winter and you can light the fire to make it feel even more cosy.
Living room facilities:
- A two-seater sofa.
- Two arm chairs.
- Flat screen 26″ digital TV with Freeview and HDMI connections.
- DVD player.
- Working open fireplace with a supply of logs in the winter.
Dining at home
The dining room is the heart of the cottage where meals around the large table are a leisurely, sociable affair. Here you can spread out, play board games or plan your holiday activities (you’ll have free access to the cottage wi-fi).
The dining room opens on to the kitchen and you can open the French windows onto the small private yard to let in fresh air on warm days.
Dining room facilities:
- Large solid wood dining table that comfortably sits six people.
- Six reclaimed chapel chairs.
- Comfortable two-seater sofa for relaxing after dinner.
- On the shelves you’ll find a wide selection of books, games and puzzles for those times when you feel like staying in.
The kitchen is well-equipped for self-catering, although you’ll soon find that Chester has a wealth of places to eat out within easy walking distance!
When you arrive you’ll find fresh milk in the fridge and a welcome tray with coffee, tea, sugar and biscuits to help you unwind after your journey.
If you want to make a quick cuppa or cook a three course meal you should find everything you need is here.
- Gas hob (stovetop).
- Electric oven.
- Washing machine/tumble drier.
- Full range of cooking pans and utensils.
- All the crockery, cutlery and glassware that you’re likely to need.
Both bedrooms are upstairs on the first floor and are pleasantly decorated and furnished with comfortable beds to ensure that you can truly relax and re-charge your batteries.
- All bed linen is provided and the duvets and pillows are non-allergenic.
- The master bedroom is a spacious double with a European king-size bed (what Americans will know as a Queen).
- The second bedroom has two single beds.
- Both bedrooms have double wardrobes.
- Each bedroom has a hairdryer.
- Both rooms have radio alarm clocks.
The bathroom is on a half-landing near the top of the stairs. Here you can take a relaxing soak in the bath or a refreshing shower with instant hot water provided by a combination boiler.
- Full size bath
- Separate walk-in shower
- Wash basin
- Bath and hand towels are included in the cost.
Outside space and parking
The house is one of a terrace of Edwardian cottages in a residential street.
At the front of the house there’s a private off-road parking bay with room for one standard car or two small cars.
At the back of the house the dining room doors open onto a small sheltered private yard with just enough space for you to relax with a cup of tea on a warm day.
This is our fifth self-catering accommodation trip and Baker’s Cottage is by far the best.Helen O from York
Planning your Chester holiday?
Pay no booking fees and get the best price when you book direct with us, the cottage owners
Interested in visiting Chester?
We'll email you Chester travel tips and updates on Baker's Cottage special offers
It is our home away from home!Ruth C from Germany
We found the cottage the most well equipped we have ever stayed in on holidayMary Y from Glasgow
What some of our previous guests thought about Baker’s Cottage:
Cosy, tasteful, crammed with the joyful things of life. So close to town – we loved it all.Lorna K from New Zealand
The cottage was an excellent base for walking into Chester. Parking space particularly useful in this area.Lynn T from Winchester
It is a lovely house in a great location and with good facilities – essential when you have a baby with you!Rebecca L from Abingdon
It provided us the opportunity to enjoy family time in a lovely, comfortable and relaxing environment.Margaret B from Lancaster
It was a cosy, peaceful space within easy reach of the town centre – perfect. Both children commented on how comfortable the beds were! Great range of toys and books. Leaflets about the local area were invaluable.Michelle J from Cornwall
The house had an excellent collection of cooking equipment, cleaning products, clean towels and supplies such as tea, coffee, milk and biscuits… It was very warm and welcoming when we arrived late on Friday night – it felt like home from the beginning. We were all pleasantly surprised how much the house exceeded our expectations.Zoe S from Willenhall
The cottage is delightful to return to after a day out with a lovely cosy feel & every need catered for.Ncola W from Hook
We had a great few days. It is always wonderful to see family. Most memorable aspect – a lovely meal around the dining table, loved the sparkly lights under the shelves.Christine J from Halstead
One of the best equipped and thoughtfully planned properties I have ever stayed in.Tara G from Suffolk
Baker’s Cottage is a wonderful place to stay. It ticks all the boxes. We have felt very much at home here.Sylvia K from Lincolnshire
It was homely & lovely to come back to & relax after a busy day out. We’ll definitely stay in this cottage next time we visit.Louisa O from Milton Keynes
We found the cottage to be very comfortably furnished, well decorated and well equipped for making meals. It was lovely and warm with plenty of hot water. Also there was plenty of information about the cottage, Chester, restaurants and days out etc. So, all in all , we had a great time.Vanessa B from Coalville
Somewhere that felt as if you were at home, sitting around the lovely wooden table to eat our meals and play cards.Lisa C from Cheltenham
Enjoyed the daily walk to the city centre and having a cosy home from home to come back to.Susan R from Colchester
Well equipped and well located cosy cottage, would definitely come back.Michael W from Whitley Bay
Please use our detailed access statement to help you judge whether Baker’s Cottage will meet your individual needs:
We want to make sure that the cottage is a good fit for you so if you have any questions at all about the cottage facilities please feel free to contact us.
Your safety matters
For your peace of mind you can be reassured that:
- We have carried out a fire risk assessment;
- The house book includes safety and fire prevention guidance and evacuation procedures;
- The cottage has an interconnected mains wired smoke/fire alarm system;
- There is a fire extinguisher and fire blanket in the kitchen;
- There is a carbon monoxide detector near to the gas powered boiler;
- We provide emergency lighting in case of power cuts;
- We commission annual appliance safety checks by a qualified electrician and carry out regular visual checks;
- We commission annual landlords gas safety check and electrical safety inspections by qualified heating and electrical engineers;
- There is a well stocked Red Cross home first aid kit with a small first aid handbook for guests use.