Day trips from Chester
Chester makes an ideal base for trips to Liverpool, Manchester, the Wirral peninsular and North Wales. It has great motorway access as well as being at the hub of an extensive railway network.
Some typical day trips from Chester:
- The city of Liverpool for shopping, eating, culture, the Beatles, the Mersey ferries, a thriving arts scene and one or two football clubs is just under 30 miles (48 km).
- The city of Manchester, also a centre for shopping, eating, arts and culture, is just over 40 miles (64 km).
- Llangollen in the Welsh hills, home of the annual Eisteddfod music festival, a steam railway and a ruined castle is 23 miles (37 km).
- Llandudno, on the Welsh coast with it’s beaches, pier, tramway and cable car is 46 miles (74 km).
- Llanberis for Mount Snowdon is 69 miles (111 km).
Ideas for day trips:
The historic port of Liverpool is an easy drive or a train ride from Chester.read more
Chester is minutes from the North Welsh border. There are ruined castles, sandy beaches, mountain passes and historic villages within easy driving distance.read more
The Wirral Peninsular sits between the Dee and the Mersey and has lots to offer visitors of all ages.read more